HOW TO PREPARE SURF AND TURF STEAK AND LOBSTER TAIL?
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 2 rib-eye steaks around 14 ounces total, or 1 cut in half
- 2 lobster tails, around 4 ounces each
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Rinse lobster tails, pat dry and place on a baking sheet. Pat steak dry and season with a teaspoon of teaspoon salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, lemon juice, garlic powder and parsley. Set aside.
- Using shears, cut the lobster shells down the centre to the base, stopping before cutting through the base. Using a spoon, separate the lobster from the shell.
- Open up the shell a little bit, grab the meat and pull it up and over the shell, squeezing the shell back together and letting the meat rest on top of the seam. Make a shallow cut along the centre of the meat and layer it over the sides of the shell.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the compound butter. Brush the lobster meat with the butter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks to the skillet and sear for 2 minutes on each side. Place the steaks in the oven and cook for 4-5 minutes for rare to medium-rare. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- As soon as you start searing the steaks, put the lobsters in the oven on a middle rack. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until lobster is firm and opaque but not rubbery.
- Top both the steak and lobster with slabs of the compound butter. Serve immediately.