HOW TO PREPARE WAGYU RIBEYE STEAK & BORDELAISE SAUCE!
UK PREMIUM STREAKY BACON (200G)
Preparation Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 15 mins / Serving: 4
4 x AUSTRALIAN WAGYU RIBEYE STEAK (MARBLE SCORE 7, ~1.5CM|2CM THICKNESS, 250G) | NEW
2 tablespoon Oil
Salt, fresh ground black pepper
Wagyu Beef Bordelaise Sauce
4 slices bacon UK PREMIUM STREAKY BACON (200G)
3 large cloves Garlic (finely minced or garlic pressed)
1½ cups Bordeaux (or dry red wine of choice)
1½ cups Beef Gravy
6 sprigs Thyme
1 Shallot (thinly sliced)
1 large Carrot (chopped)
1 Bay Leaf
Salt and Black Pepper (to your tastes)
Wagyu Beef Bordelaise Sauce
1. Prepare your bordelaise sauce before you start cooking your steak as it will take some time to reduce.
Note: Use a large sauté pan that is deep so you can cook your sauce in the same pan.
2. In large sauté pan, on medium high heat, cook bacon slices until fully cooked. Set wagyu bacon aside
3. Set bacon aside (on plate covered with a paper towel). Leave ¼ of the bacon fat in the pan and spoon ¾ of the bacon fat into a small bowl (set aside in refrigerator).
4. Add shallot & carrot to bacon fat & cook until carrots start to soften. During the cooking process, if needed, you can add additional oil if you run out of bacon fat.
5. Add garlic, thyme & bay leaf. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant but do not overcook garlic.
6. Add Bordeaux or dry red wine. Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
7. Using a fine mesh sieve, strain sauce to remove carrot, shallot, thyme & bay leaf. Add liquid back to pan.
8. Add the beef gravy & reduce until thickened.
9. Remove from heat & quickly whisk in remaining bacon fat. Season with salt to your taste. Keep hot ready to serve over the steaks.
Wagyu Ribeye Steak Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 425°
2. Pat dry your wagyu ribeye with a paper towel. This will help the outside get a nice crust.
3. Season your wagyu ribeye with salt & pepper to taste.
4. In large sauté pan or cast iron skillet, heat oil or until hot.
5. Do not overcrowd your steaks in the pan. Cook 1 or 2 at a time depending on the size of your pan.
6. Once oil or fat is hot, add your steak to the pan.
7. Sear for 3-4 minutes per side until each side has a golden brown caramelized crust.
8. Transfer to oven (in cast iron skillet or oven safe pan/baking sheet).
9. Cook in oven until internal meat temperature reaches your desired temperature (see notes for cook times).
10. Allow the steak to rest 5-10 minutes. During the resting time, the steak should continue cooking this should bring your steak to your final desired cook time.
Once rested serve each wagyu steak to the plate (option to slice) and then serve the sauce over the steak.
Wagyu Ribeye Cooking Temperatures:
Rare Steak: remove at 118° F, allow to rest 5-10 minutes, serving temperature should reach 120° F.
Medium Rare Steak: remove at 125° F, allow to rest 5-10 minutes, serving temperature should reach 130° F.
Medium Steak: remove at 135° F, allow to rest 5-10 minutes, serving temperature should reach 140° F.
Medium Well Steak: remove at 140° F, allow to rest 5-10 minutes, serving temperature should reach 145° F.
Well Done Steak: remove at 150° F, allow to rest 5-10 minutes, serving temperature should reach 155° F.